Why you need to stop asking for referrals
Did you know the vast majority of business—close to 80%–is done because of a personal recommendation (or referral)? It’s kind of a mind-numbing statistic because I’m guessing that 80% of your new business isn’t coming from your existing customers. Have you wondered why not?
Fact 1: The absolute hottest source for a new lead is a current customer.
A current customer is the hottest source for a new lead because they are using your product; they are seeing results; they are excited; they are gushing about it at work; they desperately want to share it with everyone!
Why then, aren’t they beating down your door with tons of great prospects? The answer is simple:
- You aren’t asking them (or you aren’t asking them specifically enough)
- You aren’t giving them an easy way to introduce those prospects to you
In fact, forget asking for referrals. It requires a miracle for a referral to actually contact you. By the time they get home, they’ve forgotten your name, lost your contact info, etc. They end up going to the website, ordering and getting a random coach assigned!
What you need to be asking for are Introductions.
Here are the steps (Yes, you CAN do this):
- Stay in contact with your customers. Teamzy makes this easy for you. (Duh.)
- When you connect with them use this dialogue (with your own spin):
- Hi Jen, I just wanted to let you know that I’m so proud of you for…….
- Is there anything I can do today to make your day?
- I would love to help the people you care about, too. Can you think of anyone who could benefit from being in our next Challenge Group?
- Great, would you do me a favor? Can you quickly introduce us via message or text, and I’ll get them all the info on the group?
- Thanks, Jen. I appreciate your support and I’m looking forward to connecting with ….
- Immediately add the new person to Teamzy and schedule a follow up
- On your follow up, make sure you lean into your relationship with Jen to say something like: Hi ____, Jen asked me to connect with you. I’m her Beachbody coach and I’m helping Jen work towards her health and fitness goals. She thought it might be fun if you were to join our next challenge group. Would you like some more information on it?
Whether or not this person joins your challenge group is not important.
You got a new prospect!
Now it’s your job to use Teamzy to build a relationship with that person. In time, they may be ready, they may join your team, heck, they may even start introducing you to their friends.
Teamzy is the only software tool designed from the bottom-up to support BeachBody Coaches in their business. It easily organizes all your prospects, customers and coaches, and based on the priority you set, tells you who to connect with each day.
It is the system to help you manage all those contacts, seamlessly following up so nobody ever falls through the cracks—again. It will take all of the guess work out of your business!
Visit teamzy.com today to start a free 30-day trial. Find out why thousands of coaches are raving about Teamzy. See for yourself what becoming consistent in your contact and communication will do for your business.