Goals: How to Give Your All to the Final Quarter of the Year
How close are you to achieving your 2020 goals?
- I’m nearly there!
- I had a few setbacks this year, but I’m still working to get as close as I can.
- Not even close
- No words; just laughter mixed with sobbing
It’s nearly the final quarter of the year! That means you have three months to achieve your 2020 goals (or get as close as you can considering the circumstances).
It’s been a strange and difficult year for many people. Although some network marketers have posted numbers despite the pandemic, many have had to change their approach to how they’ll achieve their goals. Perhaps they adjusted their goals to a more realistic number for the year. Or, they doubled down on their Power Hours to ensure that they’re checking in with customers, prospects, and distributors in their network. Still, other network marketers are nowhere near reaching their goals for the year and some may feel closer to giving up entirely.
There’s still time to reach your goals
There are three months left of the year. Additionally, we’re heading into the holiday season. This is a lucrative season for network marketers whose networks not only want to shop locally for gifts for their friends and loved ones but may also be interested in making some extra money themselves.
Whether you’re on track to hit the mark or you’ve fallen behind on your goals, here’s how to give your all in the final quarter of the year.
“It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.”-Tony Robbins
Review your goals
A regular review of your goals is essential if you want to lead a thriving and successful network marketing business. Most people set goals in January. However, they don’t give them another thought until they go to set new goals for the next year. They get busy during the year and totally forget what they’re aiming to achieve. If they don’t revisit their goals throughout the year, why set them in the first place?
Reviewing goals is more than just looking them over, although that’s important to do periodically, too. When you review your goals, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the goal realistic this year?
- Are you doing what it takes to achieve your goals?
- If you’ve fallen off-track, what can you do to get back on track?
- Do you need to recalibrate your goals?
The final question seems most applicable this year. No one expected that regular life would shift so dramatically in March. And, no one expected it to last through the year. As a result, business owners, including network marketers had to adjust to the new business climate. The network marketers who focus on their relationships are best prepared to survive once things have returned to normal-ish. Why? They value their relationships and their networks know and appreciate that. No one wants to be seen as just a sale, especially if they were friends before network marketing. Successful network marketers have continued to work on and improve their relationships throughout the year because they understand that the rewards may come later.
Reviewing your goals will give you an idea of where you are right now in your business so that you can ramp up communication going into the final quarter of the year. Or, if you’ve reached your goals, you can set yourself up for a great start in 2021.
Make a list
Just like Santa Claus, you’re going to make a list and check it twice. The big difference is that you’ll have a list of what you need to do for the rest of the year to reach your goals.
It doesn’t need to be a long list. Just include the logical steps you must take to achieve your goals by the end of December. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do you need to commit to a daily Power Hour? Although we recommend getting in the habit of a daily Power Hour, we understand that some folks may only do them once or twice a week. In order to reach the goals you’ve set, especially if they’re ambitious, you have to increase this to at least four, ideally five Power Hours each week. Commit an hour to it daily. Luckily, Teamzy lets you know who to contact each day so that you don’t have to sift through notebooks or index cards to figure out who to call. It’s all right there at your fingertips.
- Do you need to expand your network? A healthy network is a growing network. Most network marketers get to a point where they feel as if they’ve added all the people they know to their networks. Their network is tapped out then, right? Not so much. The best way to grow your network is with your top advocates in your network. Ask your best people for introductions to other great people like them. Chances are they’re singing your praises to the people they know anyway; they just need to be asked for the introduction. Sure, you may feel shy doing it at first; however, keep in mind that your network is rooting for you and will do it to help you thrive and succeed.
- Do you need further training to help you with your plateau? There comes a time in every successful network marketer’s life where they feel as if they’ve hit a plateau in their business. It may relate to the previous question and they feel as if they don’t know of any more people to add to their networks. Or, their motivation may have waned because they’re not getting the results they have hoped for and they’re not sure how to move forward. This is normal and happens to even the most successful network marketers. The way to move forward is through training and professional development. Programs like Elite Business Bootcamp give network marketers the tools they need to thrive at every stage of their business. It offers tips and strategies to help you level up in your business. Plus, it connects you with other motivated and successful network marketers like yourself, so you can share information and encouragement on the journey to success.
“If everything were always certain, nothing would ever change. Uncertainty invites us to possibility.”– Lisa Merrai Labon
Start thinking about what you want to achieve in 2021
During the process of reviewing your goals, you may say to yourself, “I don’t think I can reach this number this year, but I know I can next year.” Or if you had a great year this year, you may want to make your goals even more ambitious in 2021. This is the natural progression of goal setting.
Highlight goals you wish to achieve next year
If you have an idea of what you want to achieve in the next three to five years, write them down but give them a deadline that is further out from the others. This may become your ultimate goal, with your annual goals being the milestone goals that help you get there.
Also, think about the numbers you wish to reach in the next 12 months. By what percentage would you like to increase your sales? How many people would you like to add to your network? How many people would you like to add to your team?
Although nothing will be set in stone right now, it never hurts to start thinking about what may be achievable in the future.
Outline a plan
Although you’ll devise a plan for achieving your goals in a couple of months, take the time now to make an outline. What worked well and what didn’t work well? Are there lessons you learn this year that you can use in the year ahead? These questions will help you begin to think about how you’ll approach your business in the coming year.
Review and set goals with Teamzy
Teamzy is more than a CRM; it also makes it easy to set and track your goals as well! In fact, Teamzy uses your goals to create a list of people to contact each day. Simply work through the list and check off each task as you do it and Teamzy will keep track of your progress. Consistently work through your list each day and you’ll be well on your way to achieving your goals. Additionally, Teamzy’s goal-setting strategy ties your goals to your why so that you can stay motivated throughout the year. Want to learn more? Click here.