Want to achieve your goals? Do a goal check-in
We’re more than a quarter of the way through the year. How confident are you that you’ll achieve your goals this year? Although many people will say it’s too soon to tell, the most successful network marketers will always have a pulse on their progress toward reaching their goals. Since they track their numbers, they always have a general idea of how they’re doing. And, even if you don’t always remember to keep track of your numbers, in your gut, you likely have a feeling of how you’re doing, particularly whether you’re on track or have a long way to go. One of the best ways to know for sure though is to do a goal check-in. That where you check-in with your progress toward your goals. Here’s how!
Reconnect with your goals
For many of us, the only time we read our goals is when we set them at the beginning of the year and again at the end of the year when we see if we reached them. While it’s important to set goals, especially if you want to lead a thriving business, you have to read them from time to time. That way it’s more difficult to lose sight of them when life gets hectic and busy, or when you feel your motivation waning.
Although many of us think that once we’ve set goals, we won’t forget them, the reality is, we do. It’s normal. Everyday we’re inundated with new things to think about and remember – it’s impossible to remember the goals we’ve set at the beginning of the year. Sure, we may remember that we wanted to increase our sales or grow our networks, but it can be difficult to remember by how much and by when. Reviewing your goals keeps them top of mind.
If your goals are written down, it helps to post them where you can see them daily. Post them by your tablet or computer, or whatever device you use for your daily Power Hours. Review them before you start your Power Hour to boost your motivation and get inspired to connect with your network.
Review your goals
Once a month, when you’re reading over your goals, take some time to answer the following questions:
- Am I on track? Review your information in Teamzy and assess whether or not you’re where you want to be at this time of year. Keep in mind that there may be other factors in place that may impede your progress, such as time off, setbacks, or it could simply be just a slower time of year.
- Am I happy with my progress so far? Think about what you’re happiest with about your progress. For example, although your numbers may not be where you want, you may have a lot of prospects that you’re connecting with who you’re sure will convert. Or you may have several big orders coming in from top advocates of your business in the coming months. Although these things won’t reflect in your current numbers, you know that they’ll push you toward your goals when they post.
- How can I improve? Are there areas you wish to improve? Do you want to be able to go from 3 Power Hours a week to 5? Or, do you suffer from a lack of motivation to get started many days? Do you wish you could connect better with your network or convert more of your prospects? These are all areas where you can improve. The good news is, you’re not alone in any of these challenges. Teamzy makes it easier for you to improve your skills and your business, with training and other resources intended to help you thrive.
- Am I on track? Will I be on track by the end of the quarter in June? Even if you’ve fallen slightly off-track now, you have time to get on track over the coming months. Spring tends to be a time when many businesses come alive with sales. Maybe it’s the warmer weather or maybe it’s the prospect of more things opening up. Regardless, take advantage of the spring months to connect with your network, increase your sales, and grow your business.
Review your habits; are they conducive to success?
When we’re setting goals, many of us pay no mind to the most important thing that can’t make or break them – our habits. Habits are the activities we do each day that have the greatest bearing on our success. They can be good or bad. A bad habit might be spending an hour scrolling the news or social media before starting our Power Hours. Or, it might be completing everything else on our to-do lists, such as laundry, before connecting with our networks.
The good news is, these bad habits can be replaced with good ones. Replace your endless scrolling habit with doing your Power Hour. Although you may want to check in on someone’s social media page to see what they’ve been up to before you reach out, you don’t need to scroll through everyone else’s update before you reach out. Once you’re done with your Power Hour, then you can scroll for the rest of the day.
Or, when you create your daily to-do list, put a star next to your top priority activities and do those first. Although we convince ourselves daily that we’ll get to everything on our lists, the reality is it never works out that way. Laundry will always be there waiting; however, your network may move on without you if you keep putting off getting in touch. Do your Power Hour before your laundry and the other less important tasks on your to-do list. After all, if you want your business to be successful, you have to treat it as more than an afterthought – you have to make it a priority in your day.
Get back on track
If you can see the writing on the wall (or your numbers in Teamzy) and can see that you’re way behind, take steps now to get back on track. This quarter was rough on a lot of us with everything going on. It can feel overwhelming to get it all done when everything seems like it’s a top priority.
If you’ve fallen off track, there are several things you can do to get back on track:
- Commit to a daily Power Hour. Connecting with your network is one of the most important things you can do for your business. After all, it’s through these connections that your business is able to grow. Your Power Hour gives you an hour – though more realistically, 30 minutes or less – in which you can focus solely on connecting to the people on your list that day. Simply log in to your Teamzy Dashboard and start connecting with the people on your list that day. It’s that simple.
- Recalibrate your goals. Sometimes when we set our goals in January, we’re a little too overzealous or ambitious. While ambition is important, it’s also important to be realistic. If you set the bar a little too high this year, then reset it. Still, be ambitious, but consider lowering the bar a bit so that it’s easier and more motivating to get back on track.
- Get a mantra. Mantras keep you motivated and motivation is what you’ll need to get started and stay excited to achieve your goals. What’s a quote that gets you pumped? It can be from a successful business leader, a favorite song, or a favorite book. Whatever it is, write it down and post it where you’re sure to see it every day, particularly before you start your Power Hour. Write it down, post it where you can see it, and read it daily.
Celebrate your successes
One of the best ways to stay on track is to celebrate the victories you achieve, no matter how big or small. Often we only celebrate the big wins when we achieve them. However, sometimes the big wins take time and a lot of hard work. In between these big wins, we may feel our motivation wane, making it more difficult to keep going. Instead, celebrate your smaller victories as well, such as working through your list of connects each day, doing a Power Hour each day of the week, and hitting a short-term goal. These victories may seem small; however they’re vital to keeping you on track to achieve your goals and thrive in your business.
Let Teamzy help you stay on track to achieve your goals
We created Teamzy to make network marketing easy and fun because you’re doing what you do best – building relationships. Teamzy gives you the tools and resources you need to build the foundation for a stronger network marketing business. Keep your network at your fingertips, know who to contact each Power Hour, and keep track of your progress toward your goals. Click here to learn more.